- Revive Your Tribe
Give Yourself An Energy Lift! | Healthy Snacking
Updated: Aug 12, 2022
Some days you just need a snack! Especially on intense workout days. I find that even though I have a really healthy, high-protein & whole grain breakfast on my spinning days (after I workout), I am still hungry come 10:30 and then again at 2:30 (lunch at noon!).
When hunger hits, I hit the fridge and if there's nothing that looks good to me 2 things happen: I get hangry and I eat something that won't hold me for long. Not good.
Below is a list of really healthy, filling snacks that you can keep around easily so that you can grab it quickly and not worry about eating something you'll regret later.
PS - cleaning out the pantry is a GREAT way to have no bad food choices laying around ;)
1. Fruit - load up a bowl of fruit that you can keep on the table
2. Veggies & bean dip or guacamole (hummus, black bean dip...create your own!)
3. Nuts - almonds, walnuts & cashews
4. Salad, such as Israeli salad, bean salad (make ahead so it's waiting for you!)
5. Smoothie - Put smoothie ingredients in a jar ahead of time and keep in the fridge. Blend!
6. Greek yogurt & berries
7. Cottage cheese with chia seeds & berries
8. Cherry tomatoes & mozzarella cheese
9. Hard boiled egg
10. Whole wheat or multi-grain bread with peanut butter or cheese
If you'd like a bean dip recipe or salad recipe that's easy to make-ahead, shoot me an email at ReviveYourTribeRoc@gmail.com - I would love to share it with you!